Monday, January 9, 2012

Road Trip!!

This year I have made it a goal of mine to spend more time with my family and friends.  There are always excuses as to why this can't happen or won't happen, but this year is going to be different.  I have already taken the first step to secure this goal by purchasing a rather new mini van that everyone loves to ride in.  Road trip, here we come.

This past weekend, we took a trip to Charlotte, NC.  It was a great trip.  The kids traveled awesomely glued to the TV in the back playing Rio or Lion King.  We stopped when needed, we ate when hungry, and we visited with family along the way.  It was a good trip for all of us.  

We took this trip to see my sister.  She has lived in her new home for four years and I haven't been to see her yet.  There has always been some kind of obstacle in the way from work to gas prices.  This weekend, we took the time to go see her.  Let me just say, four years was way to long.  We had a wonderful time with her and her husband.  The girls had an absolute blast seeing their Aunt and Uncle, and it was a much needed mini vacation for everyone.  We got some good family bonding time.  We also went to IKEA, but I'll save that for another post.  It was just an overall great time.

I say this to put out there, what are you not doing and should be?  I'm not getting any younger and my family and friends are scattered throughout the Southeast.  Some of my largest regrets are the people that will not be in my children's life because I waited too long.  Time is the one thing that we can't make any more of.  So, what are you going to do differently in 2012 for you and your kids?

No comments: