Monday, November 7, 2011

Why am I a DADD?

Princess 1, 2, & 3

Well, if you don't know, D.A.D.D. stands for Dad's Against Daughters Dating.  It's especially fitting for me since I have three, yes, three daughters.  Now, I shouldn't say that I am just prejudice against daughters dating.  I think the entire human race under the age of 18 is too socially immature to try to have a relationship.  I would even push to say 21 is still too young.  Is it possible, yes, realistic, no.  Kids today are so much stupider then we were.  Yes, stupider.  I know that sounds immature to say, but fortunately, it's not the end of the world. 




Way to young, but my kinda guy!

When I look at older children today, they have attitudes out of control, over the top personalities, and they believe they rule the world.  Some parents like it that way.  I do not.  I want my children to be strong willed and independent, but polite just the same.  They need to learn to love themselves for who they are, and really understand who they are, before bringing someone else into the mix.  That's my personal opinion and I'll stick to it.  They should be able to accomplish this by their thirties at the earliest. 


So, to all the DADDs out there.  All we can do is hope and pray that our little girls heed our advice, hold off the boy thing as long as possible, and that we don't kill the first boy to break our little girls heart.  Short of that, we must band together and support each other through that tough time.  We may not all be the shotgun cleaning type, but hopefully we can instill in our daughters the need for their boys to live up to their DADD's expectations.  They may grow up, but they will always be Daddy's little girl.  DADD's forever.


No comments: