Sunday, November 6, 2011

What Did You Call Your Sister?


So, yesterday, Random Girl and Monkey were outside playing when all of the sudden the door flys open and Monkey walks in with this huge pout on her face.  As she slams the door behind her, Super Dadd's super hearing hears "blah, blah, blah...Whiney Butt!"  being screamed at her by Random Girl.  Whiney Butt?  Where on Earth could she have heard that?  So as good, responsible parents, we call in Random Girl and tell her that it's not nice to call her sister names.  Point taken.  Day continues.

 

This brings me to my next point.  Whiney Butt?  Yeah, that was me.  I am the offender who spread that name to my children.  You see, unlike my wife, who's Halo of Patience shines brightly, I have little patience with my children and all the antics that they bring.  We strongly discourage name calling.  Words like stupid and idiot are banned from our home.  My kids don't use them and will be the first to tell you "that's a bad word." I do unfortunately have a tendency to let a "whiney butt" slip on occasion though.  Oops!

 

I could blame this lack of patience on my job easily enough.  When you have to lead others and work with the mass public in general, it's easy to lose a lot of patience.  I just don't really have the capacity to deal with people ALL DAY LONG!  Unfortunately that includes my kids too.  To blame my job would be a lie though. I've never had patience, neither did my Dad really.  That was Mom's thing.  I think it runs in the family.  I just hope as a I grow older and my kids grow up.  I learn a little more.  Hey, I never did take that class, "How to be a Perfect Parent."  I always knew I should have scheduled that one in somewhere.
 
 

That brings me to my next point.  What is the deal with kids today?  Not all kids are in this category, but most little one these days have over-the-top personalities and an attitude to go with it.  When I grew up it was "Mommy, can I please have some ice cream?"  Now it seems to be "Mom, give me the friggin ice cream. NOW!"  Excuse me, what happened?  The worst part is, that this little attitude rubs off on everyone else's kids.  I'm sorry, don't raise that.  They will not be productive human beings.  Just sayin. 
So, we could just say that I have no patience, for my kids, your kids, or any one else for that matter.  It's kind of funny that I work in a retail with that kind of attitude, right.  I do love my children deeply though, and my job, and of course, my ever patient wife.  Hopefully they know it and the "whiney butt" slips will just go by unnoticed. 

No comments: