Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back to the Grindstone

So, it's now Thursday and the time I have taken off to be with my family when my son was born is now over.  It's been an interesting 10 days, but enjoyable.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being home with my girls and taking care of the family.  I cleaned some, cooked, took the girls out, took care of them when they were sick, and spent some quality time with #3 and the wife.  It's been a good week.  Like all good things though, this too must come to an end.  It leaves me wondering though, what do we as parents really sacrifice for our jobs?  Do we ever really understand what we are missing out on before we're too late?  I am the first to tell you that my family comes first, but my 50+ hour work week probably contradicts that statement.  What is a single income family man supposed to do to make it all work?  It's just left me a little baffled this morning and making me dread my work day more and more. 

No comments: