Friday, November 4, 2011

Let's Talk Kids

OK, so you know by now I have three little girls. Yes, I know every Dadd out there knows my blessings.  I dread the day they recognize boys for what they are and what they want them to be.  Yuck!  But then again, you may not really know my blessings, not yet.


I always wanted family, like ALWAYS.  I knew I wanted little rug rats running around .  I grew up, kinda, knowing this is something I wanted, one day.  Well, many years and many loves passed and here came the "one!"  Guys, you know the one I'm talking about.  The one you can actually see yourself spending the rest of your life with.  The one who gives your life eternal meaning.  You see yourself creating that family you've always wanted, right?  Here she was and I knew it.  Then she told me the saddest thing ever, she couldn't have kids.  She had been told that since she was fourteen.  Bummer.  I remember driving along with my best friend, telling him all about her, how great she was, pretty, smart, funny, and yeah, almost perfect.  Those were my exact words.  Almost perfect, except she couldn't have kids.  I could deal with that because she was the "one."  That's when you know love.




Well, a little time passed and guess what!  God blessed us with a child.  What a surprise.  My wife's doctor said that's why doctors "practice" medicine.  Jokes on me right.  We named her Grace because we had her by the Grace of God and so my family began.  Seven years later, God's blessed us with three girls.  Don't forget, I said the jokes on me. God has a great sense of humor, and we recently found out that we are expecting our fourth child.  We hope it's a boy, but in the end, we know it is going to be what God wanted it to be in the first place, our child.



I say all this to remind everyone, count your blessings.  God will work miracles in your life and bless you in ways you can't imagine.  Remember to love selflessly, appreciate all your blessings, and don't forget to pray a little either.  Everything will come in time and in God's way.  You just have to wait your turn.

No comments: